Saturday, February 2, 2008

Gold Medals for breakfast





You know, since it has been a full week since the race pictured above, we figured it was time to get it up on the blog!

On Saturday, January 26, 2008 we participated in the Utah Winter Games bobsled race. It was a beautiful day for a competition and Matt and I were so excited. We'd like to thank everyone who came up to cheer us on and who pushed us to give it our all.

As you can see from the pictures, our best was good enough to place us squarely in first place! Both runs were in the low 52-second range and we were so close to getting a 51 that Matt and I set that as our goal on the second run. 52.12! So close! But both runs felt great and we both cheered so loud as we crossed the finish line. Its been a season full of hard work, cold nights, hours in the gym, and money shelled out of the wallet so the win definitely tasted sweet!

The Utah Winter Games was the first in a serious of three races over three consecutive races that our governing body has planned, so we will definitely be working on the sled and our push starts and I'll be working overtime on my driving technique! I have to say thanks to all the pushers who have been helping me improve my driving, thanks to them I have dropped over a full second off my average times from seasons past. You guys are the best.

So stay tuned for updates on the races coming up! Best wishes!

1 comment:

Liz Odle said...

Yeah congratulation on a gold medal!!!