Friday, April 10, 2009

New Team Holm Bobsled Logo - Over 10 years and running

I was recently going through some boxes of my old junk and I came across some photos and documents dating back to my earliest days of bobsledding. Man, I almost felt old as I flipped through the pages of old time sheets, letters to my high school excusing my absence due to training, sponsorship agreements, and photos of a rather nerdy looking teenage bobsledder. Let's just say I'm glad that the glasses are gone! God bless whomever invented contacts.

But as I looked through all the old memorabila, the thought crossed my mind that I've been in bobsled since 1997. Wow. Has it really been that long? It sure doesn't feel like it. I mean, I did take two years off to serve as a missionary to Honduras and Belize for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Plus, when I got home, the next season and a half were really a bust since I had to fight tooth and nail to get track time at the Park City track. I was told over and over again, "We'll make it happen." And then no one ever did. I'll be forever grateful to Steve Revelli and Tom Raty for starting up the local skeleton group and letting my team and I slip into the training slots.

So, being in a creative mood (I am a graphic designer after all) having recently been working on an incredible project for the Price Musuem of Speed, I decided that it was time to revamp our ten-year old Team Holm Racing logo and turn it into what we really are: Team Holm Bobsled.

So, please, take a look at our new logo concept ideas and help us decide which one is best by voting at the top right hand corner of this blog.

Cheers!

No comments: