Monday, December 1, 2008

'Tis the season...

Ok, I admit it. I've been terrible at updating the blog the past few weeks! The worst part is that we've been training on the ice for three weeks now, and here I've left you poor readers without any news, info, jokes, stories, pictures, or gut-bursting commentary.

My deepest apologies!

So, here we are, December 1st, 2008. Apparently the US has been in a recession since December of 2007. I guess we needed a year to figure that out. But personally, I just checked out my bank account and I've known I've been in a recession the whole time!

Back to bobsledding, though.

We've had a couple of days of two-man training now, and we're hoping to start four-man this week. The great thing about this season is that there is an abundance of sleds to use! So just for kicks and giggles we might borrow some other two-man sleds and try them out. After some full inspections, of course.

But our times have been steadily improving compared to last year. Though not World Cup times, improvement is improvement upon improvement. So we're happy with that! We're also excited to have some new guys joining us out there on the ice as well, so stay tuned for that! We will be posting some video and some new photos from training the other night, so check back later this week!

Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone and Happy Holidays! Keep your eye out for the Team Holm Bobsled Christmas card as well!

No comments: